Are you an AWS Certified Cloud / DevOps Engineer who LOVES to be hands on? Do you not only thoroughly enjoy working with the cloud but also have strong development skills with Python (or similar languages) and look forward to spending time in front of the keyboard? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
TITLE: AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
As a AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer in our Cloud Platform Engineering team, you will focus on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. We are looking for someone who is well-versed in cloud platform migration and is very familiar with AWS, specifically. You will also be expected to navigate our current network and system architecture to identify how to adopt AWS cloud platform efficiently and seamlessly into our infrastructure. Working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, you’ll apply Infrastructure as Code solutions and drive platform automation against core platform services supporting all aspects of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions. Join our team as we transform our technology stack by taking advantage of Cloud technology.
This position is remote.
Job Scope, Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Cloud Service Design
- Translate service requirements into service models (templates) and/or workflows for automatic provisioning.
- Accountable for the cloud service offering model design documentation.
- Accountable for verifying that cloud service model meet appropriate compliance/governance requirements.
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation for architecture implementation plan, as this can be used for reusable patterns and trends for any future cloud solutions.
Cloud Service Automation
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design and improve CI/CD pipeline on AWS.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes. Ensure that all that can be automated is automated.
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing
Cloud Service Deployment
- Develops orchestration workflows, templates or scripts to deploy, configure or update cloud services and related components including OS, utilities, agents or other software used within the cloud infrastructure.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code.
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas.
- Develops self-service catalog capability
- Mentor new and junior team members
You’ve Got What It Takes If You…
- Experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, S3)
- Solid foundation of enterprise networking, DNS, Firewalls.
- Experience with Terraform, BitBucket, Puppet, Jenkins and deploying applications on AWS.
- Willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant in a highly complex environment
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Strong communication skills and language bridging between development team and business stakeholders.
- Technical understanding of application design, agile methodologies and SDLC life cycle.
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience
- Minimum 2 years of software development/coding experience
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Cloud engineering
- Experience in working with cloud resources across multiple operating systems, including UNIX, Linux, or Windows
- Experience with cloudformation, kubernetes, or openshift, Terraform
Bonus Points If You Have
- Knowledge of protocols and technologies, including Microservices, SOA, HTTP, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, or HTML
- Ability to work with and influence software development teams
- Demonstrated ability of successfully mentoring and training fellow team members
- AWS Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience