Are you a cloud automation engineer well-versed in development and familiar with AWS? Does applying infrastructure as code solutions and driving platform automation against core platform services supporting all aspects of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions get you excited? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
TITLE: AWS Cloud Automation Engineer
We're seeking a Cloud Engineer who is proficient with AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is delivery and management of core networking, AWS services, core infrastructure management platforms and configuration.
We are seeking candidates with experience in CloudFormation templates, Terraform and AWS services. Working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, you’ll deploy AWS services, maintain and leverage CloudFormation scripts, and automate core infrastructure services using Terraform.
- Design, develop, and operationalize Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery solutions (CI/CD)
- Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes and existing tools
- Design and implement DevOps solutions that leverage AWS internal products/service capabilities to meet requirements
- Support transformation of established infrastructure using automation; Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling
- Provide hands-on support for the ongoing development of Infrastructure-As-Code (IAC) and support operation and maintenance team
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Design and develop reusable components, code and document custom automation frameworks, maintain scripts, and update these items as needed to build continuous delivery pipelines, ensuring rapid availability of the product
- Develop and maintain automated test framework tools to facilitate Systems Engineer testing tasks.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where applicable automate approaches for system administrations tasks.
- Experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, S3)
- Familiarity with enterprise networking, DNS, Firewalls.
- Experience with Terraform and willingness to learn Python, Node.js, BitBucket, Puppet, Jenkins and deploying applications on AWS.
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Experience with DevOps concepts and automation skills
- Strong communication skills and language bridging between architecture, operations and business stakeholders.
- Technical understanding of AWS services, Infrastructure as Code, agile methodologies and SDLC life cycle.
- Minimum 3 years of AWS experience.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Knowledge of protocols and technologies, including Microservices, SOA, HTTP, SSL/TLS, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, or HTML
- Ability to work with and influence software development teams
- Demonstrated ability of successfully mentoring and training fellow team members
- AWS Certification
- Experience in automating infrastructure and software delivery pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience