Type: Contract - 3-6 months
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Our client, a molecular diagnostic company, is seeking an AV Architect.
- As the Audio/Visual Architect, you will lead design and management of all elements of Client’s global conference room technology and solutions.
- You will act as the authority in all things audio visual technology for Client on a local and global level.
- The fundamental purpose of this role is to improve Client's profitability by facilitating efficient and frustration-free meetings, trainings, video conferences, and other audio visual experiences.
- You will responsible for design, implement, and maintain elegant and effective audio visual systems.
- Your primary goal is to ensure that Client's employees will be enabled to focus more on the business tasks at hand, rather than the technology that facilitates those tasks. Further, standardization of these systems will streamline the processes of support, training, budgeting, procurement, deployment, and life-cycle planning. Finally, the continual refinement of these system standards will ensure Client remains current with the industry and comparable corporate workplace standards.
- You will work with global team members to help maintain technical roadmaps and assist in project forecasting.
- Additionally, you will lead research and development efforts pertaining to development of new features and capabilities within the global Unified Communication and Collabration ecosystem.
- You will also meet with Client’s Business Units to ensure solutions meet and exceed business usability requirements.
- Translate business customer needs into functional and practical system designs
- Write system specifications and statements of work, including RFPs/RFQs.
- Oversee, provide support to, and maintain positive relationships with audio visual vendors, integrators, and partners.
- Support the installation, configuration, commissioning, and training of audio visual integration projects
- Draft or supervise drafting of solutions.
- Provide final approval on drawings.
- Develop, document, and maintain audio visual reference architecture and support standard operating procedures (SOP), making sure to keep current with industry standards.
- Provide escalated troubleshooting support to Client and contractor audio visual support staff as needed and on a global level Increase the capabilities of all operation's staff by ensuring trainings are developed.
- Ensure that a rigorous proof of concept process is followed by design engineers, resulting in documented testing, training, and updated reference architecture is ratified prior to putting into production
- Evaluate potential products and stay up to date on product offerings
- Keep current on industry standards and best practices
- Define, architect (design), and implement enterprise communication and meeting solutions covering voice, video and teleconferencing
- Define, in conjunction with users and service providers, the quality standards required to support business collaboration
- Actively participate in developing operational models, processes, and procedures
- Craft system documentation, testing, training, and post-deployment/upgrade assessments including regular system health checks for conference room technology
- Lead and guide operations teams with skills and knowledge to address operational support needs
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- You have at least 5-7 years performing as a lead architect or lead designer in previous AV roles
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology or related discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math) and 10+ years related work experience with operating system hardware and/or software and components with an emphasis in Audio/Visual technology
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- You have deep knowledge of IT (OSI model, TCP/IP settings, LAN/WAN Technologies), and AV specific IT knowledge (Poly, Zoom, Crestron, Camera HW, H.264, H.323, etc.)
- You have a solid grasp of architectural drawings, electrical and telecommunications drawings and related materials
- You have excellent project prioritization and management techniques
- You have superb communication, presentation, and training skills