Duration- 6 months, possible extension
Location- 100% remote for the duration of the contract, able to work EDT and CDT hours.
The Automation Engineer will be part of the automation team providing automation development services for converting manual scripts to automated. The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced expertise in automation tools and best practices. The candidate will also demonstrate advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems. The position will be 90% development and 10% operational support. The candidate must also have outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to translate complex technical issues into common language.
- Design, develop, simulate and test automation tools in support of client and customer implementations.
- Ensure timely resolution of high severity incidents, including communications, reporting, and tracking of follow-ups.
- Create test and technical documentation for automation tools, processes, standards, technical training, and support procedures.
- Develop appropriate knowledge base for execution and implementation of automated tools built and deployed.
- Maintain the highest standard of QA methodology to build, track and reduce defects and improve automation results using clients' SDLC and PLC.
- Develop automation based on business workflows.
- Collaborate closely with other operations teams and architecture to efficiently ensure development work is aligned with the needs to implementation engineers and customers.
- Desire to improve upon existing systems and automate processes, including writing and maintaining documentation.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology, engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills (both written and verbal)
- 4 + years’ experience in Automation development
- Advanced WebDev skills in Rails, Ruby, PHP 4.4, REST
- ServiceNOW workflow automation
- Workflow orchestration via various automation engines
- Ability to leverage and interact with CMDBs using Ansible, ServiceNOW, etc
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform or similar as automation engines
- 2 years’ experience with Maria DB (MySql) Administration
- 5 + years’ experience in managing enterprise Linux / UNIX environments
- Troubleshooting ability of Red Hat 7.0 Linux / UNIX platforms
- 5 + years’ experience in VMware vCenter
- Experience in complex multi data center environments with 24x7, mission critical operations
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications
- Previous service provider experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with VMware Cloud Director
- Agile certification
- Ideal knowledge with ScienceLogic powerpack development
- Office environment