Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Associate Technical Writer
Location:Tampa, FL 33634
Term: 6-month Contract
- Under limited supervision, researches, writes and maintains documentation for enterprise applications.
- Utilizes documentation standards to prepare reference material for developers and end-users.
- Develops, edits and creates content for the documentation of software applications and hardware environments.
- Utilizes templates for standardizing system documentation.
- Creates photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
- Conducts research and interviews technical and business personnel and reads existing journals/documentation/user manuals to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Validates accuracy of existing documentation.
- Provides ad-hoc technical assistance to managers and other members of the application development team.
- May recommend changes or enhancements to templates and other documentation standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Knowledge Management systems experience.
- Basic/Intermediate writing and editing experience.
- Must have Writing Samples
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work with a minimum of 2 years experience writing software documentation or technical product manuals or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Visio.
- Thorough understanding of IT architecture, concepts from both an infrastructure and development standpoint.
Even better if you have:
- Any Healthcare industry experience a large plus.