Location: Edinburg, VA
Duration: 12 Months.
Our client, a leading telecommunication provider is seeking an Associate Project Manager to ensure the timely, safe, and cost effective construction of client outside plant projects include all OSP engineering work orders in client’s network consisting of the copper, coax, or fiber network. The ideal candidate will have telecom Permitting and Permit coordination experience. Additionally, the Associate Project Manager is competent at the full scope of project management duties associated with the deployment of multi-service telecommunications networks. Responsibilities include project managing contractors, public utilities, employees, equipment vendors, third parties, and other internal departments to achieve stated goals. The Project Manager is also able to manage in a team environment, working within the operations organization to develop, implementation, and improvement plans using best-cost principles.
- Experience Level:
- 3 years of construction experience required.
- 1 years of project management experience required.
- 1 plus years of Telecom Permitting/Permit Coordination Experience
- Special Requirements:
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to interpret and complex network diagrams.
- CAPM, or similar certifications preferred, but not required.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
- Skill Requirements:
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Microsoft Excel, CAD, Visio, Mapcom, or other network mapping and design tools.
- Copper, coax and fiber technology and applications.
- Industry standard OSP construction practices and National Electric Safety Code (NESC) guidelines.
- Experience managing multiple complex technical projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and matrix management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct and indirect supervision of numerous and geographically dispersed contractors, public utilities, equipment vendors, equipment manufacturers, third parties and internal departments to achieve stated goals.
- Develop effective contractor relationships through request for proposals, negotiation, inspection of workmanship, and construction management.
- Ensure outstanding quality control of the work product, inclusive of confirmation of as-built and initial system performance specifications, and vendor punch list items.
- Work closely with supervisor, employees, contractors, and other departments to ensure all applicable accounting and financial requirements are met (e.g., purchase order reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, inventory reconciliation, forecasting, budgeting, etc.).
- Observes all company safety procedures at all times.
- Demonstrates and holds employees accountable for stewardship of the brand to include embodiment of the Client Way by ensuring appropriate use of the brand (name, logo, company, appearance, and attitude) within their respective team and organization.
- Ensure cost effective and appropriate contract administration.
- Responsible for following, supporting, enforcing all internal control processes and procedures.
Education: BS degree in a relevant engineering or technology field is required. Other candidates with a strong technical background and substantial industry or military experience will be considered.