Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is a global, values-driven corporation that leads the communications, automotive, and media industries. Apply today to be on a team that disrupts industries and builds a better future for the next generation.
Position: Associate NOC Engineer
Location: Atlanta Georgia 30328
Term: 9 Months
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to client calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Logs all customer inquiries and issues in Incident Management and tracks them until resolution and incident closure.
- Conducts 1st level problem determination using documented procedures and available tools.
- Records issue symptoms and status information in a timely fashion in an effort to communicate with and properly utilize other CIS resources.
- Proactively monitor the network infrastructure using network monitoring system(s).
- Notify customers and proper repair agent upon trouble identification (alerts).
- Coordinate trouble resolution with the appropriate parties as necessary in order to minimize both customer and core network downtime.
- Responsible for handling all interactions with a positive problem-solving attitude.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, consultants, contractors, and service providers for supported systems – including problem resolution and escalation as necessary.
- Provide technical support to users with very different levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Maintains professional and respectful attitude in stressful situations.
- Work closely with other teams for problem resolution and project coordination.
- Take ownership of any such network issues and follow them through to resolution, ensuring consistent internal & customer contact/updates
- Properly document all support needs in the incident management system (Remedy)
- Complete every communication by appropriately setting expectations on the resolution time frame and notification(s).
- Make operational decisions based on retrieved data to ensure predetermined organizational objectives are met.
- Adhere to escalation process and procedures.
- Escalate troubles to 3rd party resources or Engineering as required.
- Properly code trouble tickets using Ticket classification Guidelines.
- Utilize knowledge resources such as the Knowledgebase, Share point or other available information source to resolve all support needs.
- Actively participate in training classes that are offered.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must be available to work non-standard business hours and varying shift assignments.
- 3+ years of Cisco Command Line Experience.
- Palo Alto experience.
- HD experience.
- 3+ years of NOC experience.
- Firewall experience.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- 2 + years Client Support experience with use of support tools: phone, email, incident management (Remedy preferred), and remote support.
- Required troubleshooting skills including but not limited to:
· Layer 1 transport.
· TCP/IP Protocols and Networking.
· Voice over IP (VoIP).
· Cisco IOS, routers and switches.
- Self-starter who can work effectively both independently and in a close-knit team environment
- Working knowledge of Network Management Systems, such as BMC ProactiveNet, Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor, or other NMS products.
Even better if you have:
- CCNA, CCNP or CCIE Certification.
- Thorough knowledge and ‘hands-on’ experience in a Cisco environment using CLI navigation.
- Experience interfacing with LECs, ISPs, and other 3rd party vendors or service providers.
- Ability to conduct wellness checks and monitoring the health of CUCM applications and systems.
- Knowledge of various programming languages such as Perl, HTML, PHP.
- Experience in Windows Server Administration.
- Network Security Administration.
- Linux/Unix Operating Systems.
- Cloud Infrastructure Management (VMware).
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!