Associate Network Engineer
The Associate Network Engineer position is designed for persons entering the networking field. This position supports the hardware and software inclusive of the local, metropolitan, and wide-area networks. The position is responsible for problem resolution, general support, and participates in projects related to the network infrastructure of our client, its partners, and affiliates. The Associate Network Engineer will act as a technical resource for second level support and will work as part of a team in a department with a strong customer service focus implementing solutions within the entire network engineering technology stack.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, support, and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices, including routers, switches, wireless access points, wireless controllers, and firewalls.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Ability to describe, in detail, the OSI Model.
- Ability to follow effective test plans.
- Monitor network usage to proactively anticipate problems and suggest possible solutions. Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and procedures.
- Remain current on emerging technologies via professional groups, trade magazines, internal and external training, independent research and study, and other avenues available.
- Willingness to learn, along with the ability to receive direction and work collaboratively as part of a team that is geographically diverse.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex environment.
- Ability to build consensus across functions.
- Willingness to regularly work outside of normal business hours, when required, for support and implementations.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule and potential nights and/or weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field; or Associates degree and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 6+ months of professional work experience or coursework studying with Windows, Mac, and iOS systems.
- 6+ months of professional work experience or coursework studying Cisco based technology stack.
- 6+ months of professional work experience or coursework configuring and supporting an EIGRP based network.
- Ability to describe, in concept, a broad range of application transport and network protocols, including, DNS, DHCP, NTP, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, and EIGRP.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
- CCNA certification.