Leading Global Innovator Seeks Contractor for the following:
Position: Associate Engineer
Location: Winter Park Florida 32792
Term: 11 months
- Design and develop fire alarm and/or security systems in new and existing facilities. Focuses on providing the most cost effective solutions to meet project specifications whether acting as the lead or assisting a team.
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk-throughs.
- Designs general systems for facilities which, depending on the system type, may include mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Assists Engineering Seniors with product selection.
- Performs Quality Assurance of material selection and suitability.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for more complex projects used in commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Performs peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Jr Design Engineers and Assistants.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology or related field/equivalent experience.
- AutoCAD 2017 or newer experience.
- NICET Level I (minimum) will be required after 2 years for Fire Engineers.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, fire or security system, and business operations.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!