As the Associate Director of Platform Services, you will organize and lead a Platform Team responsible for the architecture, engineering and implementation of foundational systems that deliver our business critical services in support of the GPN North America Issuer Segment. You will be responsible for delivering highly available, compliant and secure core infrastructure, products and services that enable business capabilities and servicing across the enterprise.
Day-to-day work includes:
- Assist senior leaders with setting the mission, vision, and strategy of our platform teams to maximize the success of business and IT enterprise initiatives.
- Introduces innovative, differentiating infrastructure and service capabilities that enhance our overall competitive capabilities and enhance employee productivity.
- Works with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Creates and aligns a platform value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
- Consults with IT senior leadership and contributes to the development of the annual budget to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Helps define, develop and manage a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
- Collaborates with Information Security to ensure platforms embrace and apply security strategy.
- Leverages influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals.
- Provides input on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into platforms and services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Champions platform involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Assists with strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of design, development, operation and support of IT systems.
- Assists with the development of an IT sourcing strategy and provides oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop and execute workforce plans that ensure that platform teams can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand.
- Develops the maturity of IT to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Serves on IT planning and policymaking committees; drives the development of enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
Who Are We Looking For in This Role?
You must have a strong operational background and be capable of implementing a roadmap to transform traditional Design and Delivery Teams into a platform model. The Team is composed of architects and engineers of varying skills associated with compute, database, network, storage, middleware and other infrastructure technologies. This role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring infrastructure strategy is fully aligned, positioning every platform to deliver compelling business value.
- One or more years of leadership responsibilities, including strategy, budgeting and staffing
- Understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices
- Leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates
- Technical background in Infrastructure technology
- Ability to develop staff including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices at enterprise level
- Knowledgeable in establishing and improving DevOps, as well as other working practices (e.g., ITIL).
- Experienced in leading cloud adoption (at scale), including establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects and modifying I&O’s target operating model.
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce