Global Fortune500 organization seeking a Senior Manager, Application System Development for their organization in heavy expansion mode!
The Senior Manager of Application Development will own responsibility for the analysis, programming, and testing activities for system and/or software application development and service / support to include feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised software applications and/or systems. Advises and confers with team members on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with team members in other areas to coordinate cross-functional activities. Oversees the effective development and implementation of programs to ensure that all software applications meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. Administers change control process for zero defect system development. Ensures adequate application testing prior to implementation.
What Part Will You Play?
- Leads and develops a highly technical team supporting application system development, production support and testing on a day-to-day basis.
- Manages work and projects on a day-to-day basis of a team supporting mainframe, distributed or other applications system development and testing. Tracks and acts upon work progress. Reviews and audits the technical work of members of the team.
- Provides input into divisional plans and budgets.
- Manages resource allocation within the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Understands clients current needs and communicates with technical and business teams on day-to-day work and project delivery. Works to support and develop positive relationships between teams. May represent the team on client calls, translating technical explanations and resolutions into business terms.
- Ensures that application development and production support processes and practices are compliant with corporate and regulatory standards (both domestic and international).
Ideal candidate has a mix of the following:
- 10+ years in IT + 4 years experience in a supervisory and leadership position.
- Mix of mainframe, distributed and cloud based systems
- AWS knowledge
- Production support lead or management experience
- Credit card processing, authorization or fraud prevention experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
The Perks: Excellent benefits including full suite of medical insurance options, retirement savings with match, work from home options, competitive pay, robust PTO, and much more. Please send your detailed resume & LinkedIn profile to begin discussion about this awesome opportunity!