Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Assistant Controller
Location: Memphis, Tennessee,
Hourly Rate: $ 36.95/hr.
Term: 4 months
- Analyzes and prices scope of service changes and suggests consulting opportunities to manager based on in-depth knowledge of the department's pricing platform.
- Reviews monthly pricing worksheets and enters allocations into PeopleSoft.
- May create pricing estimates for new business opportunities.
- Participates and/or leads all aspects of internal and external property and client transitions.
- Works with other internal teams in handling special requirements as defined in the Management Agreement and scope of services in the Financial Services Agreement.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues and ensures internal and external customer requests are handled timely, accurately and with a focus on customer service.
- Creates a positive customer experience by opening and maintaining constructive and reliable lines of communication.
- Verifies and ensures accounting team's debt, real estate tax, sales tax and owner distribution payments are made timely and internal databases are updated and maintained accordingly.
- May review staff work product, including financial packages, to ensure its complete, accurate and timely release to internal departments and external clients.
- May function as a single point of contact for a market and/or Strategic Account Client.
- May participate in new business proposals.
- Assists Senior Management with implementation of strategic department and corporate initiatives.
- Partners with their accounting team to ensure they have a working knowledge of team's client Management Agreements and that they are properly maintained per department policy and requirements/terms.
- Ensures team managers are reviewing management fee calculations to be in accordance with the current Management Agreement.
- Reviews the Corporate A/R and Client Tech A/R reports to ensure reconciliations are completed and reviewed by their team.
- Ensures open issues for the team are resolved.
- May review budgets and annual year-end recovery calculations to ensure timely completion.
- Participates in external audits as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of eight years prior accounting, finance or related experience required to include prior supervisory experience.
- Experience with real estate accounting software preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.