Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a ServiceNow System Analyst to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: ServiceNow System Analyst
Term: 6 + Months
Location: Remote, USA
- Bachelors Degree and 1 years of systems analysis experience. If no degree, 4 years of systems analysis experience required.
- Must have experience in: Requirements Management, Developing Functional Designs and Software development life cycles (SDLC), ITIL, ITSM, and/or ServiceNow Configuration or Service Catalog Mgmt
- Some experience with project management.
- Service Now experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including leadership and subject matter experts.
- Excellent PC skills.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the elicitation, prioritization, and conversion of business/functional requirements to system requirements, as well as provision of analysis for applications in production (mid-sized to large initiatives). Responsible for the development of functional designs for new, customized, or enhanced systems. The ultimate outcome of this role is the production of clear, timely, precise and accurate technical designs that are traceable to documented business/functional requirements and guide the successful design, development and deployment of IT Solutions.
Responsible for Analysis and Functional Design:
- Quickly understand business issues and data challenges of the customer. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details; abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Consider end to end business and technical flows, including impacts to operations.
- Review, edit, and prioritize business requirements, specifications, processes and recommendations related to proposed solution. Distinguish user requests from the underlying true business need.
- Translate business/functional requirements into system level functional solutions using various techniques that include: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, screen interface prototypes, demos, and/or business, task, and workflow analysis.
- Develop functional design specifications, GUI and screen interface designs (internal applications), and VUI designs for customer engagements. Include project assumptions, risks/issues, considerations, and dependencies based on the system impacts. Identify the business process and organizational impact of proposed solutions.
Responsible for Technical Recommendations and Traceability:
- Partner with project personnel to identify required system changes, additions or retirement. Conduct gap analysis for business/functional requirements and current system functionality, with support, review and input from other Technical staff.
- Collaborate with business analysts, designers, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. Help to divide the project into multiple phases based on the business priorities, design, schedule, and level of effort.
- Ensure traceability from business/functional requirements through development of the solution, to confirm system functionality and ensure the completed system fulfills the goals of the project as detailed in the specifications.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.