Our client is seeking an Application Support Manager for a permanent employment opportunity, based out of Irving, TX. The Application Support Manager will oversee Support Staff, Managed Service Contracts, Vendors, Development Teams, and the life cycle of all applications over a variety of uses and deployment methods.
- Liaison between operational and business departments, IT, Vendors and Solution Providers.
- Experience with applications that provide business solutions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payables, General Ledger, Logistics, Order Management, ERP, EDI, Collections, CRM, Telemetry, Forecasting.
- Understanding of both software and hardware.
- Prior Application Support and Maintenance experience is a must have.
- Experience working with On Shore, Near Shore and Offshore Teams.
- Excellent understanding of databases and file structures.
- Prior team leadership of 5 or more members including daily operations, support, career development, schedules.
- Creating and maintaining budgets
- Strategic planning for short-term and long-term business alignment
- ITSM and Change Control.
- Change Approval Board (CAB) chair for company
- Oversee and Coordinate all Updates, Enhancements, Patches, Environment Changes including Application Life Cycle and Data Retention.
- Change Control Champion in relation to all Production Applications.
- Manage Application Support for Tier 2/3.
- Managing and Communicating SLAs for all application support.
- Identifying and Communicating production issues and solutions for them.
- Identifying and Communicating process improvements for business solutions.
- Develop and Maintain IT Policies in for Application Support and Enhancement.
- Manage relationship between Application Owners and Functional Users and the IT Department.
- Identify and plan for new functionality support methods and needs.
- Consult on various ongoing projects lead by both internal and external teams.
- Manage contracts, vendors and service agreements for all applications and solutions.
- Ensuring 99.9% Production Uptime of all critical applications.
- Expert (5+ years) in Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, and T-SQL.
- Expert (5+ years) in Microsoft PowerShell, Microsoft Business suite, FTP, sFTP, BAT
- Expert (7+ years) in IT Management and/or Application Support role
- Experience with Azure and Other Cloud Hosting Providers (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) For Applications Hosting.
- Experience managing Legacy Solutions and Databases (FoxPro, FlatFile, Synergex, Essbase, VB)
- Experience with C#, .NET, ASP, API (Rest, Soap), Dell Boomi
- Extensive knowledge of ITSM and Change Control methodologies and techniques
- Experience delivering Minor Enhancements into complex production environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Proven skills in managing occasional high pressure situations
- Experience with MS Dynamics is a plus