Terrific PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the world's leading financial institutions in the world, our client is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Role: Application Performance Engineer
Location: Tempe, AZ or Charlotte, NC
Salary Range: $115,000 - $130,000 (DOE)
In this role you will focus on ensuring that technology services scale to meet performance requirements and agreements and can sustain current and future demands effectively.
- Implementation of APM monitoring ( Dynatrace OneAgent) on multiple technology stacks on-prem and cloud ( e.g. OpenShift, AWS ),
- Analyzing and troubleshooting application performance and scalability issues and recommending optimizations ( including JVM tuning )
- Reviewing application architecture and design
- Creating Dashboards in Dynatrace for various technology specific monitoring metrics (OpenShift, micro-services, Kubernetes, Kafka, JVM , Apache , CloudWatch metrics , etc.)
- Researching and monitoring current end-user response time as well as application and system performance and availability; planning performance improvement; and reporting on demand and performance of technology infrastructure, applications, shared platforms, and cloud with the ability to assess and summarize application performance and volumetrics trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, resolve, and call out application performance bottlenecks and challenges.
- Develop automation solutions for Dynatrace installation and configuration
- Developed automation solutions for Reporting of Monitoring metrics.
- Support DevOps and partner with application developers to find the best way to optimize the application performance.
- Provide right-sizing and optimization for microservices, APIs, PODS (OpenShift ) configurations.
- Consult with business partners to resolve capacity and performance issues
- Instrument and Maintain APM tool - Dynatrace
- Support multiple business services and solutions to identify service level and capacity requirements
- Anticipate and interpret business requirements to generate accurate demand trends and forecasts
- Ensure that any applications deployed will properly scale and meet expected SLAs for Performance, Availability, Scalability and Stability.
- Perform APM tuning of applications in development and critical production applications as well as to provide 3rd level performance support.
- Provide evaluation of application performance and capacity on system resources usage to sustain business application volume processing
- Work closely with team of Performance Engineers to orchestrate, conduct and participate in line of business performance testing analysis
- Utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools to measure, detect, isolate and resolve performance issues found during application development performance testing including measuring, monitoring and capturing required infrastructure & application performance metrics, logs and reports .
- Identify application performance and scalability risks and mitigation for risks in a timely manner
- Monitoring and Reporting for existing applications/systems and infrastructure
- Create automated solution for data collection and reporting for existing applications for Performance and Availability
- Create/Maintain Synthetic Monitoring Scripts using Dynatrace to support availability monitoring/alerting
Management of APM tools (Dynatrace):
- Planning & Implementation, support and maintain APM tools including instrumentation, configuration, creation of dashboards and reports as well as provide deep-dive and root cause analysis on Performance issues.
- Documentation of best practices and maintain audit log.
- Good understanding of Technology specific Performance Metrics and Alert thresholds.
- Project Risk Analysis and Assessment, Documentation , Mitigation.
- Perform performance troubleshooting for applications/systems
- Root cause analysis, heap dump, thread dump and other log analysis, code profiling, event tracing, resource analysis, JVM Tuning.
- Leverage tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace
- Responsible for APM Tuning for Cloud, Hybrid environments
- Application Performance Tuning (Java, .NET, Microservices, Containers/OpenShift, API's and microservices ) & Monitoring
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and monitoring/alerting for APIs, Cloud, OpenShift , AWS Services, and Hybrid deployments.
- Web Application Performance and end user experience ( client side browser profiling ) - deep understanding of chrome dev tools.
- Strong working knowledge of a variety of technologies including but not limited to compute, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift, Kubernetes, WAS, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, etc.
- Good programming and scripting skills.
- 8 -10 years of related experience
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred with at least 10 years in IT with 8 years’ experience concentrated in Performance engineering and/or capacity planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply technical expertise across business or disciplines
- Ability to think big picture and step back to understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues at a more detailed level
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Strong consulting, relationship building, and collaboration skills
- Effectively drives results independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Experience with instrumenting agent based and network based APM tools for performance and availability monitoring like Dynatrace.
- Pregaming language knowledge and hands on experience with either Python, Shell Scripts, Java, or C++
- Good SQL skills and database skills with SQL server
- Basic statistical analysis skills and graphical skills
- Experience with application tuning for optimal performance including JVM tuning
- Good understanding of virtualization on VMware, RHEV and OpenShift
- Good understanding of Microservices Frameworks , platforms like OpenShift , Kubernetes, AWS and technology specific monitoring metrics.
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms ( AWS, Pivotal, etc.)
- Excellent Tuning for Java, NET heap analysis and Working knowledge of Database tuning methods- Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Strong Application and System architecture knowledge
- Dynatrace and other toolset experience
- Experience with Web and Application Servers – WebSphere, NGINX, JBOSS, Apache, IIS Windows, IHS,
- Experience with SOA and Microservice architecture.
- Experience with shift left techniques, automation, java and web based profiling tools, network profiling tools.
- Experience with APIs and Programming language like Python an added bonus.
- Experience with JProfiler, Yourkit, Chrome Dev tools an added bonus
How you will grow:
Through your variety of experiences, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you’ll like working here:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts