Our Client in the Bay area is seeking a Java Application Developer to join their team for a contract opportunity. The Application Developer provides support of production applications by trouble shooting issues, and developing, testing and migration of solutions. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the business processes and application functionality relevant to their area as well as an understanding of related applications in adjacent areas.
- Will be required to author technical design of functional specifications and progress the solution from design though the software development life-cycle to implementation.
- Has a strong understanding of, and ensures adherence to, the IT processes and standards required.
- The Application Developer will also be expected to be effective in both a team environment as well as working independently.
- Expected to show keen interest in learning new applications and tools.
- Create and maintain database storage structures and objects.
- Provides production support of applications in production by trouble shooting issues, proposing solutions, develops and tests fixes, and migrates solution.
- Develops and unit tests application programs as specified in Technical Designs.
- Ensures that all programming standards and policies are adhered to.