Our client is seeking an Application Architect for a full-time opportunity! Our client has traditionally outsourced its development efforts to a third-party vendor, but desires to bring development inhouse for its cloud-based, enterprise agency management platform in the near term. They are currently hiring an Application Architect that will also function as the team lead, at least initially. The individual chosen will have a unique opportunity to have input on the rest of the team and how it’s structured.
Teamwork is a hallmark of the company’s culture, and only candidates that have tangible examples of strong leadership in a team environment will be considered. Experience is an important factor, but more than just length of time, we are looking for individuals that have shown steady growth in responsibilities over the course of their professional career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how the client runs, what makes it profitable, the challenges it faces, etc. and imagine a better way of doing things.
- Lead in the development of a multi-year technical roadmap for the client's digital solutions.
- Work with the Product Owner to understand the business problems we’re solving and work to build consensus with team members to design efficient, tech-forward solutions.
- Lead a cross-functional group of talented, often opinionated team members in a highly collaborative environment. Great teamwork starts with leadership. You will be expected to foster an environment of trust and respect where team members feel valued and empowered to deliver services, components, standards, and frameworks required to support our business strategy.
- Write code and implement design decisions in collaboration with a lean development team.
- Set an example in software craftsmanship with robust architecture, minimalist design, and intuitive UX.
- Oversee optimization of current architecture with digital solutions, automation, etc.
- Strategically drive next generation architecture on cloud, microservices, containers, DevOps, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- A servant leadership mindset and experience
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members to deliver excellent solutions
- 5 years of full-time, full-stack development experience. Strong preference given to individuals with expertise in Node JS and Angular (version 5 or higher).
- 3 years of full-time, demonstrated experience in software architecture design leadership that showcases your technical depth and breadth. Strong preference given to individuals with experience as a cloud-based architect, particularly on the AWS platform.
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or a combination of technical skills, leadership skills, and a strong software development background
- Experience working within an agile/scrum framework
- Experience implementing an event-driven microservices platform
- Experience in user experience (UX) design and/or user interface (UI) design disciplines
- Expertise with PostgreSQL databases
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
- Financial services or insurance industry experience