The engineer must have a strong and continuously evolving technical mastery of API Platforms, Microservices and Cloud Engineering. This includes hands-on scripting, participating in design sessions, code reviews, system testing during various phases of development, follow best industry practices and publish API documentations.
Your areas of expertise include implementing software engineering best practices in design, development and utilization of API products in cloud platforms. You have a passion for cloud assets management, hands-on scripting, automation, platform security and great quality services that deliver exceptional experience to customers and drive efficiency through the creation of extendable and re-usable service components.
- Assist in architecting the Cloud Backend Infrastructure and DevOps process.
- Work with AWS managed services, EC2, CloudFormation, Lambda, Fargate, etc.
- Write scripts to automate operations, server management and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) processes.
- Proposes cloud solutions based on business and technology considerations, and suitable alternatives to satisfy customer needs.
- Aid in the creation of automated troubleshooting capabilities across multiple cloud providers.
- Works as a key contributor on the Delivery APIs team providing necessary Cloud Solutions.
- Design APIs develop shippable code, documentation and unit test new features for digital products.
- Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to deliver features through the creation of re-usable Microservices and API products
- Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams to keep digital assets fully functional, secure and up to date with business needs.
- Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and product releases
- Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning of APIs
- Assist maintaining cross-platform tooling across multiple cloud providers.
- Works to integrate cloud solutions with existing enterprise tools and systems.
- Analyzes the current enterprise architecture to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement using cloud solutions.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in cloud solutions architecture.
- Performs evaluations of enterprise cloud technology standards, tools, products and solutions to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Keeps abreast of emerging cloud technologies and evaluates vendor offerings to determine best fit for business needs.
- Setup web application firewall rules and other required comprehensive security implementations.
- Work with scripting and programming languages such as Python, Ruby, PowerShell and Bash.
- Provide solutions for logging and reporting ELK and Kinesis streaming.
- Must have 3 years of AWS Cloud based API platform solutions
- Must have 2 year of experience in creating and maintaining AWS Infrastructure as code through Terraform, AWS CloudFormation templates
- Must have experience managing AWS accounts, roles, policies, billing, cost analysis and monitor all cloud resources
- Must have experience performing network security analysis, resource security analysis, audits, standards compliance and alerts setup to secure cloud assets.
- Experience working with API Gateway, Load Balancers, Container Services, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.