Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is a global, values-driven corporation that leads the communications, automotive, and media industries. Apply today to be on a team that disrupts industries and builds a better future for the next generation.
Position: API & Eventing Principal Technical Architect
Location: Austin, Texas 78799
Term: 6 months
- Serve as a thought leader on API & microservice design as well as event-oriented architectures.
- Establish patterns and practices for both synchronous and asynchronous integration between domains and capabilities across the portfolio.
- Partner with engineering and architecture leaders to align on the right balance between consistency and flexibility in our technology approach for delivering these architectures.
- Mentor engineering teams on the successful application of these patterns and practices.
- Influence and drive consistency in integration patterns and related technologies across organizational boundaries and at the enterprise level.
- Build software prototypes as necessary to validate architecture approaches, assess emerging technologies and demonstrate recommended patterns.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of experience in software development for mid-size to large corporations.
- 5+ years of working experience as a solution or technical architect.
- Experience with both API and event-driven architectures and able to explain when to use one vs. the other.
- Experience with microservice architectures, able to explain the benefits, risks and how to properly size microservices.
- Experience troubleshooting microservice and event-driven systems, including the use of distributed tracing.
- Experience with various API protocols such as REST, graphql and webhooks.
- Experience with various messaging patterns such as request/reply, pub-sub and claim check and able to explain when to use one vs. the other.
- Significant experience architecting and engineering AWS cloud-based solutions leveraging relevant technologies such as SQS, SNS, API Gateway, EventBridge, Kinesis, MSK, ECS Fargate.
- Experience defining technical visions, building roadmaps and writing tech standards.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design.
- Knowledge of the CAP theorem and how to apply tradeoffs to specific use cases.
- Proficiency with a variety of integration patterns, including CQRS, compensating transactions, sagas, etc.
- Understanding of the difference between orchestration & choreography and how to apply them in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of various API protocols & paradigms (such as REST, GraphQL and webhooks) and messaging models (such as request/reply, pub/sub, fanout, etc.).
- An understanding of containers and container orchestration.
- Comfortable with API contract design best practice idioms.
Even better if you have:
- Specific experience with large-scale API or event-driven environments.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!