Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: Practice Coordinator
Location: San Francisco, California, 94158
Term: 3 months
- Leads and / or conducts the planning and implementation of clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems at all levels of complexity and scope. Advises peers or manages improvements in optimization and improved functionality.
- Works on highly-complex initiatives to perform advanced analyses of patient care workflow and processes in various clinical departments, and to plan, develop, and define information technology solutions for improved system integration, functionality, and outcomes. Contributes to new and innovative workflows to improve operational efficiencies.
- Serves as a technical leader, conducting in-depth analysis and documentation of system specifications and identifying process changes as a result of system upgrades and new releases. Leads teams and committees in developing highly-complex project plans, and provides senior staff and management with guidance and recommendations for improvements in quality, efficiency, and functionality.
- Leads the development of new projects at high levels of complexity and broad scope. Functions as a resource to resolve systems analysis and testing issues. Works to resolve technical challenges, as well as interpersonal and / or team performance issues in regards to development.
- Designs and conducts user training in complex clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and / or operating systems with broad scope.
- Troubleshoots complex issues of broad scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments and outside vendors. Develops, collaborates and implements new functionality, testing, workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
- Coordinates development of new Standard SOP to assist in standardization of routine processes to support the technology used by the business unit. Supports change and innovation.
- Seeks improvements in services. Consults with clinicians, using feedback to improve use of technology for the clinical and business users.
- Plans for and allocates resources. Uses established tools to estimate and document actuals and variance. Provides status updates to the business.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements)
- Broadly encompassing or highly In-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s). Knowledge of operations, systems and functions, including planning, design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills to effectively train, support, and collaborate productively with clinical users and key stakeholders at all professional and technical levels.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, to convey highly-technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users and staff in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Advanced analytical skills and expertise in documentation and reporting, with the ability to apply metrics, plan and implement testing systems, collect and analyze performance data, and produce substantive reports and analyses for management use.
- Advanced ability to serve as a technical leader and information resource, and to work collaboratively with key personnel and management, providing guidance and recommendations on systems, improvements, upgrades, and industry advances and trends.
- Available for 7X24 application support
Even better if you have
- 10 years or more Academic Medical Center experience
- Post Graduate degree in Healthcare, Finance, or IT
- 10 years or more Operational Knowledge
- 7 years or more Epic Experience