Our Irving, TX Client is seeking an Android Developer who will join a product team and contributing to the software design, software development/configuration, and overall product life-cycle. Software Engineers are are expected to pair on a daily basis as they work through user stories and support products as they evolve. This role requires a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
• 3+ years of programming background with any object-oriented programming language is a must. Java is necessary and Kotlin strongly preferred.
• Experience in developing applications for android operating system using Android Studio IDE, SQLite, Kotlin, Java, XML, Android SDK tools with gradle.
• In-depth understanding of Android SDK and System Architecture; including Web Services, data parsing and other related technologies.
• Extensive knowledge in Android Application Components such as Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers and Content Providers.
• Expertise in developing User Interfaces following Google’s Material Design Guidelines.
• Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences, SQLite and Room.
• In depth knowledge of Android Application evaluation and Application Testing.
• Hands on experience in SOAP and REST client server communication using XML and JSON data parsing.
• Experience with architectural pattern such as MVP, MVC.
• Experience with Version Control system - GIT and familiar with application deploying in Google Play
• Experience in Maven and Gradle
• Experience in OkHttp, Retrofit libraries in Android. Good hands on experience Espresso Unit testing and Mockito library
• Experience in performance optimization of Android applications and exposure to tools such as TraceView, Lint, and Hierarchy Viewer
• Preferred Knowledge and Experience in Kotlin Programming Language.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science OR related field or 3 years of experience in software engineering or related