Our client is seeking an Android Developer for a contract opportunity located in Irving, TX.
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- (8+ for Sr, 4+ for Mid) Relevant years of experience as a technology advocate in mobile app/game development, tools and APIs development or SDK/library projects.
- Experience in programming for Android applications using Java or Kotlin.
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON data structures.
- Design, develop, and support our fully native Online Access mobile application.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate design vision into reality
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ability to take initiative, innovate and experiment with good analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and across teams.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing and delivering mobile applications.
- Detailed understanding of system development methodologies and processes within Information Systems.
- Proven working experience developing within the Android ecosystem with a focus on Kotlin, Java, GitHub, test automation and build automation
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Experience creating compelling overviews, specs and executive-level presentations.
- Excellent planning, structuring and organization skills.