Terrific 6+ month contract in Irving, TX for an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst to perform AML Reviews/Investigations of account activity and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and/or relationship termination. Cases are worked from beginning to completion in accordance with AML policies and procedures, coming from multiple sources.
- Conduct research over available Bank systems, the Internet and Commercial Databases consistent with the resolution of case reviews and investigations.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Document and report the review/investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation (e.g. media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.)
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other FIU units, Advisory, Business Compliance teams, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, and Law Enforcement.
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) consistent with FinCEN requirements
- Recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- May provide direction to more junior staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance, business, economics or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
- Experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- SAR Writing experience, specifically in retail banking, and more knowledge of AML Red Flags such as cash structuring.
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking.
- Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
- Prefer proficiency in a foreign language.
- Prefer CAMS certification.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!