Do you find yourself getting excited about core Java development and Linux with a love to learn? Do you eat, sleep, and dream about writing and maintaining code in an amazing collaborative team environment for an electronic trading system? This position may be for you!!!
Core and back end Java (custom) – 2 years (or C++)
Linux command line (basic)
Open and want to learn / hungry – will train on Algo and trading systems
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
Critical thinking and problem solving – ability to think
--OPEN to teaching Algo and Trading systems / Equity
SQL – plus
Real Time systems experience (streaming…thinking about amount of memory and processing power being used is important) – HUGE plus
Market Data Systems (building these systems) – Plus
Working on OMS – order management system (working on fixed systems) – Plus
We are seeking a strong motivated individual to be part of the client's Electronic Algo Trading team to build and enhance our core algorithmic trading platforms and strategies. The algo trading developer will continually interact with multiple teams including sales/marketing/quants to implement new robust trading features and improve on our existing strategy offerings. A successful candidate has a keen interest in developing low latency trading systems in Java.
- Design & develop robust software solutions for the client’s Algorithmic Management System
- Devise new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Create thorough test cases to ensure software stability and reliability
- Collaborate with the quant team in researching and implementing changes to the trading system
- Communicate with sales and marketing team about new features and existing strategy behaviors
- Collaborates with sales team and external clients on algorithm customizations.
- Support production issues, including independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Provide input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Work with stakeholders to identify the business requirements, understand distinct problems and expected outcomes, and models and frames business scenarios which impact critical business processes and/or decisions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding of financial markets and electronic trading systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 2-4 years of professional core Java development experience
- 2-4 years of professional experience in financial services
- Experience working with or developing electronic trading algorithms, such as TWAP, VWAP, and Smart Order Routing
- Experience with Equity markets and/or derivatives, such as Options
- Experience with optimizing software performance and reducing latency
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Familiar with the FIX protocol
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; eager to ask questions; able to clearly explain ideas
- Experience with JUnit testing