Terrific 12+ month contract opportunity (with strong potential to convert to perm) in Irving, TX for a Principal A.I. Engineer/Data Scientist. Will work on critical dashboards and automation tools for pulling customer feedback from digital surveys, chat, and voice to be able to help digital teams address major pain points proactively to effectively and quickly address customers biggest pain points and help to reduce significant costs and call volumes in operations. Will use big data computation and storage tolls to create prototypes and datasets. Wil conduct model training and evaluation, as well as integrate, test, tune, and monitor solutions. Will provide leadership for the team through knowledge in the area of specialization.
- Accountable for defining AI strategy for AI team. As such, collaborate to help create reliable, scalable, and high-performance services and architectures. Through these efforts, develop cohesive interpersonal working relationships with all peers and team members. “It’s all about team work.”
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple technological disciplines to achieve objectives by providing leadership and guidance to the teams responsible for architecting, implementing and performing continuous improvement to products.
- Work style is very independent, requiring little or no guidance by senior architects. Decisions will make a significant, measurable impact on the business goals for different lines of business. During team discussions you will play a significant role with PMTs, TPMs and SDEs to determine potential technological designs and approaches.
- Assist in the planning and managing of assignments generally involving large budgets, cross functional and / or multiple projects simultaneously. This includes effectively understanding and analyzing both technical and business risks and impact.
- Be part of the design review board that will focus on the design process, search for generic patterns, and, at the same time, share best practices across the organization. As such, you will identify and define necessary system enhancements to introduce and let dev teams deploy new products and process enhancements.
- Have a wider understanding of the technical strategy for a particular architecture, platform or solution. Help gain consensus across all of our teams as a leader. You interact with external vendors and look for innovative solutions in the market. Participate in lesson learned sessions and ensure that the outcomes flow back into the software processes. This is one area that can drive incremental improvement.
- Contribute to brown bags, external publications, user-group leadership, speaking opportunities at industry conferences while raising client's profile and more in the industry,
- In addition to a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the systems, and the products in your space, you will have a strong knowledge of emerging technologies and best practices. Help to drive cross-team solutions, anticipating and addressing problems ahead of the needs of the scrum teams. Regularly meet with SDE IIIs and IIs to ensure your engineering and operational excellence focuses are addressing the key tactical and strategic issues.
- Understand the business impact of your systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs between your team’s short-term technology or operational needs and long-term business needs. Be a key influencer in team strategy. Drive mindful discussions with customers and peers. Bring perspective and provide context for current technology choices and guide future technology choices. Understand that not all problems are new (or require new software). Make appropriate architectural trade-offs (e.g., coarse or fine grained service separation?)
- Code submissions and approach to work are exemplary – your solutions are inventive, secure, easily maintainable, appropriately scalable, and extensible. You write software that is easy for others to contribute to.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safegaurding its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in an Enterprise Architecture role with AI subject matter expertise in one or more areas
- Exhibit expertise in all aspects of technology by understanding broader patterns and techniques as they apply to internal and external cloud platforms (AWS, PCF, Akamai), and internet and mobile frameworks (Angular, JFP, and iOS and Android native).
- Proficient with multiple AI tools such as Python, Java, or R and machine learning frameworks like Spark, TensorFlow, or sciket-learn
- Effective architecture leader working with internal stakeholders and supported by external vendors to enable the best solution: secure, performant and scalable.
- Will provide insight, strategy, and leadership to the team and the overall effort for product maintenance and improvement.
- Will guide but also help with hands-on coding when needed.
- Bachelor’s/University degree; Master’s degree preferred