Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S. and help people and businesses become smarter and better prepared to protect the things that matter most to them.
Position: Agile Product Owner
Location: Woodland Hills California 91365
Term: 5 months
- Applies basic scientific practice within iterations in order to routinely plan, do, check and adjust.
- Manages team backlog items and prioritizes based on business value.
- Outlines dependencies and informs stakeholders the necessary sequence of development to ensure optimized performance and outcomes.
- Holds a significant role in quality control and is the primary team member empowered to accept stories as done.
- Utilizes basic business knowledge and communication skills to anticipate problems, address them accordingly while working cross functionally in a self-organizing manner to accomplish tasks and effectively manage the backlog.
- Effectively applies critical thinking to identify flexibility in determining how and when each iteration and product element will be developed.
- Acts as primary communicator and connection between stakeholders, end users and teams determining if each story meets their shared expectations.
- Ensures collaboration from all stakeholders on decisions and strategy providing clear instructions and deliverables for developers.
- Takes ownership for each stage of the process and final product to ensure the goal and vision are correctly aligned with the work items on the backlog.
- Participates in PO and ART sync meetings in addition to the system demo to show critical aspects of the solution.
- Participates in Inspect & Adapt (I&A) workshop to work across teams to define and implement improvement stories to increase program quality.
- A key member of the Agile team who utilizes perspective to define iteration goals and drives execution and delivery with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Partners with the business owner to understand needs, manage scope and author user stories.
- May also be required to assist with features as needed.
- Communicates requirements to Agile Team in a clear and collaborative manner to determine new requirements, negotiate teams and dependencies.
- Regularly interacts with the Product Manager in order to discuss goals and share a clear understanding of the business/value stream vision.
- Heavily involved in the Program Increment (PI) planning, story definition and assists team with story estimates and sequencing.
- Oversees the development of the product to include planning, refinement, review, and execution.
- Partners with stakeholders to identify and organize steps required for next iteration.
- Works to gain clarity on queries and participate in the demo of committed items.
- Participates in ceremonies within the team to coordinate efforts with team to refine the process, identify areas for improvement and support the execution of tasks.
- Continuously keeps the end-user needs in mind based on higher level of business acumen.
- Ensures the solution meets expectations and the development delivers expected outcomes from the accepted stories.
- Contributes input into the prioritization of the program backlog, coordinates dependencies and manages the inspection and evaluation of product progress through each iteration.
- Assists in the mitigation of program risks.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to PO I.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2-3 years of minimum Product Owner experience.
- 3 years of experience in an Agile environment or 3-5 years in a project environment required.
- Prior experience as a Business Systems analyst.
Even better if you have:
- 1-3 years leadership experience.
- Scaled Agile (SAFe) experience and SAFe PO/PM certification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!