Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Agile Product Owner
Location: Saint Louis MO
Term: 18 months
- The Agile Product Owner will work on an initiative to create new work management tools (work list, work search, etc.) for an investment group under the direction of a Product Manager.
- This is a role will partner closely with Operations, Technology, and Project Management.
- The Agile Product Owner will be responsible for planning releases/sprints, writing user stories, facilitating requirements/discovery sessions, negotiating with users, creating presentations, analyzing and organizing large groups of data, and distilling complex requirements into manageable components.
- Elicitation and documentation of user stories and business requirements across all stakeholder groups, including:
- Planning and prioritizing features for sprints and releases
- Participating or leading process discovery sessions
- Documenting user stories that are clear, concise and testable
- Participating or leading Backlog Refinement sessions
- Developing and maintaining relationships with technology partners, sales channel representatives and multiple stakeholder groups
- Producing and presenting detailed PowerPoint presentations to communicate application changes
- Negotiating solutions that provide the highest business value
- Facilitating meetings with stakeholders
- Reviewing and approving user stories, business requirements documents, and functional system design documents
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing
- Documenting, tracking and monitoring progress on key activities.
- Support activities:
- Researching and resolving business application questions (Excellence First)
- Leading or participating in business calls to discuss the impact of production issues
- Coordinating the resolution of clean-up of production issues
- Providing off hours validation and post implementation support
- Additional responsibilities:
- Facilitating or presenting system changes to various levels of stakeholders
- Writing and executing test scripts, when needed
- Providing application demos
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience in business systems analysis and/or design;
- 2+ years of experience working on Agile/Iterative project teams; preferably as a Product Owner
- Previous consulting experience with a professional services organization would be helpful including a high level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with workflow analysis, IBM BPM or other business process management/workflow tools.
- Experience working as part of an Agile/Iterative team in the role of business analyst or Products Owner and have experience related to prioritization and planning of sprints/releases/increments
- Ability to multitask in a highly complex, fast paced environment while being flexible to changing priorities
- Must be a self-starter who can figure out how to get things done with minimal direction
- Excellent relationship management skills - Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across organizations, across organizational levels and within a team
- Strong influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills
- Must be a team player and willing to help others as needed to make the team/release successful
- 2+ years of experience creating presentations in PowerPoint for senior level managers
- Previous brokerage and/or financial services experience.