Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Agile Coach
Location: Minneapolis, MN; San Francisco, CA
Term: 24 months
- The Agile Coach is responsible for high-level strategic planning and line of business consulting to establish disciplined, effective agile transformation programs which embrace the enterprise agile values and processes in a way that maximizes the value to the business.
- Teach, lead, and mentor team members and empower them to make decisions and take actions that will be conducive for the team to complete goals, focusing on what can be done and recognizing opportunities for improvements.
- Lead and coach scrum masters and product owners and cross-functional teams to build, sustain, and strengthen agile values, providing them with the necessary tools and guidance to successfully implement across programs.
- Responsible for establishing disciplined, effective agile teams which embrace and exhibit the agile mindset, by instructing the team or teams in agile principles and practices.
- Effectively leverages and combines different industry standard scaling concepts to specific business problems in a manner that best supports scaled agile values and principles, as well as our client's Vision and Values.
- Responsible for guiding teams on the first principle of Agile Coaching to deliver working software.
- Using domain knowledge, offers credible guidance to begin pipeline and team process, structure work, create value streams, and start/growth of scaling activities.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with multiple levels of managers, and steering committees with a focus on scaling agile within an organization or line of business.
- Helps leaders understand associated continuous delivery implications and the structure required to sufficiently support the software.
- Fosters maturation of agile mindset by asking powerful questions focusing on scaled program planning, scrum-of-scrums, identification of cross-program dependencies, scaled release planning, empirical data for decision models, and ultimate delivery of work efforts.
- Objectively informs/assists leaders in a non-biased manner to consider highly complex and long-term implications of transformation to self-governing teams; uses a systems view in facilitating impediment removal at the team/program/value stream level.
- Provides strategic thought leadership during engagements on approaches to overcome impediments to accelerated delivery; skillfully facilitates conflict resolution with and between teams.
- Use a system view to facilitate impediment removal. Provides strategic thought on approaches to overcome impediments to accelerated delivery.
- Fosters strong spirit of communication and collaboration between teams to align program goals, deliver final products, and ensure leadership transparency to impediments and progress.
- Facilitate the learning and adoption of agile principles and practices (scaled and otherwise) with teams and managers.
- Ask open and thoughtful questions which help people re-think and change the way teams structure work. Influence and encourage continuous value delivery, cultivate iterative application development, and support automated QA.
- Guide transformational change with managers and teams in a large, matrixed organization, helping teams see broader perspectives. Shift mindsets to adopt new skills associated with self-governing teams and managing cross-team dependencies.
- Mentor new scrum masters, team members, and PMO partners on best in class agile practices. Coach in innovative ways to resolve issues inherent in the application of agile methodology.
- Provide strategic thought leadership to resolve impediments, and accelerate delivery, through active participation in forums and communities of practice.
- Guide teams in tracking, monitoring and reporting metrics, to facilitate inspection and adaptation, and ensure appropriate risk management and control practices are integrated into the agile lifecycle.
- Experienced working with Jira and Confluence and can help teams utilize the tools to increase transparency and sprint engagements.
- Utilize coaching plans and maturity assessments to assist teams in reaching higher levels of maturity.
- Ensure teams involved in work efforts understand the need to meet all compliance, risk, and regulatory requirements.
- Embrace continuous self-development to properly coach others as transformation expands.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, while fostering an open and collaborative environment.
- Develop well-articulated written and oral communications content (e.g. emails, presentation materials) containing the appropriate level of detail dependent upon audience. Coach others to grow their skills in doing the same.
- Collaborate with peers and partners to share and evolve best practices, including the creation and deployment of new learning programs that foster understanding and deepen team member skills.
- Knowledge of product framing and discovery, including defining business KPIs, product vision, user story mapping, organize and prioritize Product Backlog
- Provide Agile training sessions, workshops, ways of working, planning sessions and creating required documentations and materials.
- Recognize and enthusiastically share the benefits of transformation activities and team initiatives.
- Create and leverage sound coaching plans. Coach with proactive intent, with a view toward outcomes and a clear definition of done.
- Remain flexible for shifts in priorities, with keen ability to navigate changes with tolerance and efficiency.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of experience on an Agile team (i.e. Product Owner, Scrum Master)
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years as an active Agile Coach
- 3+ years of experience implementing scaled Agile transformation in a complex, silo-driven environment