Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Agile Coach
Location: Multiple Locations Across the U.S.
Term: 12 months
- Responsible for establishing disciplined, effective agile teams which embrace and exhibit the agile mindset, by instructing the team or teams in agile principles and practices.
- Effectively leverages and combines different industry standard scaling concepts to specific business problems in a manner that best supports scaled agile values and principles, as well as the clients Vision and Values.
- Responsible for guiding teams on the first principle of Agile Coaching to deliver working software.
- Using domain knowledge, offers credible guidance to begin pipeline and team process, structure work, create value streams, and start/growth of scaling activities.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with multiple levels of managers, and steering committees with a focus on scaling agile within an organization or line of business.
- Helps leaders understand associated continuous delivery implications and the structure required to sufficiently support the software.
- Fosters maturation of agile mindset by asking powerful questions focusing on scaled program planning, scrum-of-scrums, identification of cross-program dependencies, scaled release planning, empirical data for decision models, and ultimate delivery of work efforts.
- Objectively informs/assists leaders in a non-biased manner to consider highly complex and long-term implications of transformation to self-governing teams; uses a systems view in facilitating impediment removal at the team/program/value stream level.
- Provides strategic thought leadership during engagements on approaches to overcome impediments to accelerated delivery; skillfully facilitates conflict resolution with and between teams.
- Fosters strong spirit of communication and collaboration between teams to align program goals, deliver final products, and ensure leadership transparency to impediments and progress.
- Assessing stakeholder readiness and tailoring coaching plans and outcomes to the individual.
- Sharing best practices and information to help educate and inform new ways of working.
- Support the skill and knowledge development of those newer to agile roles.
- Support adoption and optimization of scaled routines (where needed).
- Use of agile tools (Jira, Confluence, etc).
- Ability to support different team types - including cross-functional teams with and function specific shared service teams.
- Ability to quickly foster trusting relationships with Sr. Leaders.
- 8+ years of experience on an Agile team (i.e. Product Owner, Scrum Master)
- 7+ years of leadership experience
- 5+ years as an active Agile Coach
- 3+ years of experience implementing scaled Agile transformation in a complex, silo-driven environment
- Proven experience in helping leaders develop behaviors that reinforce agility.
- Experience flexing frameworks to test, learn, and grow practical operating routines (at team and scaled levels).
- Personal leadership characteristics: empathetic, assertive, highly collaborative, creative problem solver, able to resolve conflicts, and allow teams to fail fast and learn.
- Business acumen beyond technology preferred