Location: Remote any US location
Our Software client is hiring!
- Communicate and advise on the use of analytics in a variety of contexts, including risk rating, operations modeling and ERM.
- Perform advanced predictive analytics modeling to solve complex business problems for insurance clients.
- Validation and interpretation of predictive analytics results.
- Analysis of customer data for statistical validity.
- Conduct meetings and presentations for clients as needed.
- Provide client feedback to product management & development.
- Experience using statistical modeling tools such as SAS, Emblem, DataRobot or others. Python and R are not required but are a plus.
- ACAS or CSPA preferred but will consider near ACAS, statisticians and data scientists with appropriate work experience.
- 2-6 years’ experience in an actuarial role in the property and casualty insurance and/or consulting industry.
- Solid written, and verbal communication including presentation skills.
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting and risk selection practices.
- Experience analyzing portfolios for profit/loss and pricing working for an insurance company or consulting company focused on insurance clients.
- Ability to translate actuarial concepts into business solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels in the organization internally and with clients.
- This position requires advanced statistical modeling skills, strong communication skills, project management, planning and organizational skills.
Complexity / Critical Success Factors:
- The actuarial consultant must work with data from a variety of sources on a diverse set of business issues while ensuring the desired client results.
- Therefore, the successful candidate will be disciplined yet flexible and creative, and be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience using SQL, Python, or R to work with data is a plus.
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to comprehend and communicate regarding complex business and statistical issues.
- Independent, yet team player focused on exceptional client satisfaction.