Length: 9 months with possibility to extend
As an Systems Administrator, you will be on the front lines of supporting IT and the business using your knowledge and experiences administering IT infrastructure environments. You will have the ability to take ownership of escalated incidents and requests, as well as be a core team member to various critical IT projects.
We’re looking for someone who is:
A problem solver. You aren't afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
Passionate about turning complex business requirements into working solutions that delights users.
Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our users, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Active Directory Environment by monitoring and managing the health of all AD related infrastructure and services.
- Respond to incidents and requests including escalated issues by executing through to completion or escalating when appropriate.
- Communicate requirements and effort needed to execute on various initiatives to all stakeholders.
- Automation of tasks via PowerShell and other technologies.
- Perform system administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, applications, active directory, all in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
- Perform installation and configuration management of systems and applications.
- Execute tasks and projects as an Infrastructure technical lead.
- Act as a project manager to execute larger initiatives when needed, coordinating with all stakeholders and keeping everyone informed regularly.
- Respond to and, where appropriate, resolve or escalate reported security incidents.
- Create and maintain documentation for all related infrastructure as needed.
- Communicate and delegate work to both on and offshore contractors to increase efficiencies.
- Track work in the Client ITSM solution, Jira, and Innotas.
- Assess infrastructure initiatives to ensure they are following best practice guidelines.
- Identify and propose new solutions as needed.
- Partner with business and other IT Teams as needed.
- Stay up to date on the latest security trends.
- A minimum of 8+ years of broad IT experience
- Expert understanding of Active Directory and strong understanding of Azure Active Directory
- Expert knowledge and experience of powershell scripting.
- Solid understanding of virtualization, server, and storage technologies.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, Routing, etc.
- Solid understanding of backup technologies and processes, Commvault experience a plus.
- Experience with identity management solutions like IAM and PAM
- Experience with database and database management technologies.
- Experience managing and maintaining Windows and Linux servers in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- A keen interest in new technologies and open source
- Knowledge in Infrastructure automation, build automation and deployment automation
- (Manufacturing positions only) Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.