Position: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: Columbus, OH 43217
Term: 2 Months
- Works over a broad network of internal departments and customers organizations to ensure billing, statements, disputes and returns are completed to the customers expectation.
- Performs in-depth customer payment analysis to properly record actions required to resolve disputed items; responsible for the activities involving tracing sources of error, correcting billing documentation, and processing final billing.
- Assists in training and mentoring new personnel and follow up to ensure new hires are successful.
- Reviews large and high profile accounts.
- Overall team-player who will be looked upon as the go-to system resource
- Identifies payment discrepancies and initiates dispute resolution process; performs follow up procedures as needed.
- Maintains frequent contact with internal and external customers in order to address all payments, disputes and return issues are resolved.
- Works closely with the Collector and Customer Service to ensure proper and timely application of customer credits.
- Ensures appropriate and timely processing of requests for the return of customer credit balances.
- Generates reporting to internal and external parties so work can be done.
- Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two to four year degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Three (3) years of Business to Business or Business to Govt collection and dispute resolution experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Experience in posting cash & keying credits
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of SAP FSCM and SAP Disputes.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues quickly, problem solve and escalate appropriately.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Familiarity with credit and collection operations procedures, including reconciliation of A/R activity
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs; extensive knowledge of Excel.