Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Accounting Supervisor
Location: Memphis, Tennessee,
Hourly Rate: $ 31.52/hr.
Term: 4 months
- Coordinates and supervises completion of real estate accounting transactions and the production of various resulting financial reports and statements.
- Oversees requirements for staff portfolios and ensures consistent, accurate and timely reporting.
- Reviews staff work product for accuracy and completeness including ensuring financial packages are complete and delivered timely and accurately to Account Management Teams, Real Estate Management Teams, and Clients.
- Establishes internal work controls to monitor and review staff work product for accuracy and timely processing to safeguard the assets of our clients and uphold the organization's fiduciary responsibility.
- Coordinates and leads staffing transitions to include assigning workloads, determining knowledge transfer protocol, and ensuring adequate coverage of client and field deliverables during the transition.
- May prepare and oversee all aspects of advanced level financial statement packages, including creating and posting journal entries, ensuring cash receipts and expense payables are recorded for the period, preparing and submitting funding requests.
- preparing and submitting owner's distributions, and other transactions as applicable in order to ensure that all information delivered to the client is complete and encompasses all transactions for the applicable reporting period.
- Resolves and responds to escalated issues and requests from Account Management Team, Real Estate Management Team, and Clients, including answering questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports, including profit and loss reports.
- Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Partners with the field and Account Management teams to ensure requirements and terms of the client's Management Agreement are adhered to based upon working knowledge of these agreements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of four years prior accounting, finance or related experience.
- Experience with real estate accounting software preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e.
- Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.