Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Accounting Manager
Location: Memphis, Tennessee, 38119
Hourly Rate: $ 33.69/hr.
Term: 3 months
- Manages a real estate accounting team to provide accurate and timely client reporting for assigned portfolios of Client's clients and properties.
- Implements processes to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Reviews and certifies accuracy of all financial reports issued by accounting team
- Reviews staff work product, including financial packages, to ensure its complete, accurate and timely release to internal departments and external clients.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues and ensures internal and external customer requests are handled timely, accurately and with a focus on customer service.
- Creates a positive customer experience by opening and maintaining constructive and reliable lines of communication.
- Verifies and ensures accounting team's debt, real estate tax, sales tax and owner distribution payments are made timely and internal databases are updated and maintained accordingly.
- May assist with internal and external property and client transitions.
- Works with other internal teams in handling special requirements as defined in the Management Agreement and scope of services in the Financial Services Agreement.
- Identifies and communicates scope of service changes to manager and team.
- Suggests consulting opportunities to manager based on knowledge of the department's pricing platform.
- Reviews monthly pricing worksheets and may enter allocations into PeopleSoft.
- Reviews the Corporate A/R and Client A/R reports to ensure reconciliations are completed and reviewed by their team.
- Ensures open issues for the team are resolved.
- Partners with field and account management teams to ensure they have a working knowledge of team's client Management Agreements and that they are properly maintained per department policy and requirements/terms.
- Ensures team managers are reviewing management fee calculations to be in accordance with the current Management Agreement.
- Participates in external audits as needed.
- May review budgets and annual year-end recovery calculations to ensure timely completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree from a four-year college or university program with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field required.
- A minimum of six years prior accounting, finance or related experience required including prior supervisory experience.
- Experience with real estate accounting software preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e.
- Microsoft Office Suite Products).
- Ability to work in multiple accounting software applications.