Come work for the industry leader of title insurance and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries and be part of an organization that has consistently been selected by Fortune as one of The World's Best Companies to work for.
Position: Accounting Clerk
Location: Concord, CA, 94520
Term: 5 months
- Performs basic accounting functions which require knowledge of accounts payable and receivable and of reconciliation functions.
- Answers customer inquiries.
- Research problems and or complaints. Creates and edits spreadsheets.
- Understanding of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of basic functions with spreadsheet software such as Lotus or Excel.
- Good analytical skills. Proficient in mathematics.
- Ability to follow procedures and keep records.
- Under direct supervision, performs entry-level bookkeeping and accounting tasks. Posts journal or voucher entries, reconciles accounts, and checks for accuracy.
- Verifies, sorts, posts, and checks claims, bills, invoices, and vouchers.
- Cash posting.
- Lock box research.
- Contract verification.
- Calling escrow.
- Phone queue for Wirecard.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Completion of 4 or more college level courses in the field of Accounting, Finance, or other relevant coursework.
- At least two years of experience in Accounting related job.
- 9+ months in their current role as an accounting clerk or in the same field.
- Must be proficient on BUGS & the company’s systems.
- Must have an excellent attendance and performance record.
- Must be able to work full-time, Monday – Friday.
- Willingness to learn all areas of Accounting not limited to accounts receivable.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use Excel and learn Great Plains accounting software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to balance a variety of priorities.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of financial information.