Location: San Francisco, CA
Term: 12 Months
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Accountant will perform a variety of routine duties in the Accounting Department which includes, but is not limited to daily and monthly reconciliation, analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts and research of outstanding items and adjustments. In addition, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for inputting journal entries and maintaining accounting records.
- Prepare journal entries with proper documentation, reconcile, analyze and certify various General Ledger Accounts within deadlines.
- Provide detailed support to Accounting Management on financial reports and schedules and regulatory reporting such as the 10Q & 10K and the Call Report.
- Identify, research, investigate, and problem-solve GL account and/or internal control issues. Under some circumstances, contact other departments to resolve outstanding issues.
- Support the accounting team in meeting month end closing deadlines.
- Assist management on responding to inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- Organize and maintain updated accounting procedures respective to assigned tasks.
- Assist in various projects as needed.
- Review standard journal entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform detailed analysis and ad hoc reports of various financial data to include but not limited to general ledger account, P & L line trend and other financial statement reports.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
- DISCLAIMER Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting and/or banking environment.
- BS in Accounting degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to execute tasks, handle multiple priorities and respond quickly to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with various groups.
- Team oriented, attentive to detail, good analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel Team player.
- Provides extraordinary service. Furthers our Customer culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.