Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Accountant with Non-Profit experience to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Accountant
Location: This position is remote** (see below)
Term: 6 months, contract-to-hire
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: This position provides professional support to an independent 501c3 Private Foundation in different stages of the financial operations cycle. Responsible for the preparation of payments, checkbook, and financial reports through the coordination of the month/quarter/year end close and reporting process. Responsible for gathering and analyzing financial information and formulating recommendations for management based on findings. Provide technical guidance on accounting and fiscal procedures. Support of the implementation of projects to improve and/or facilitate bookeeping, accounting and reporting functions. The position will shift between full-time hours (40 per week) and part time depending on the time of the month.
Bookkeeping, Payables, & Accounting:
- Prepare and submit monthly check requests for approval
- Update and maintain internal Foundation checkbook (including data entry) and reconcile to bank statements on monthly basis
- Record budget detail of transactions in Quickbooks monthly and ensure all financial platforms and systems are consistent and accurate
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Prepare credit card coding and staff reimbursements, gather all supporting documentation, work with Operations staff to follow up with team, and submit for approval
- Perform monthly quality analysis to General Ledger and compare reporting data from different sources to ensure accuracy
Reporting and Financial Process Improvement Support:
- Support the preparation of monthly budget report
- Prepare quarterly Management & General spend report
- Support activities related to the preparation of quarterly financial statements, including initial review of grant schedules and initial review of Statement of Functional Expenses (current and previous FY)
- Support the preparation of all financial and grant-related documentation required for annual external audit
- Support the preparation of all documentation required for the filing of Foundations Form 990-PF Tax Return
- Prepare annual W-9/1099 information on vendors
- Provide support in financial process improvement projects (consolidation, configuration, and updates of databases to better store and manage financial data)
- Participate in financial accounting issues resolution and process procedural changes.
- May be responsible for setup and maintenance of financial system, chart of account, or other reporting systems.
- Maintain and enhance internal controls and perform self-testing.
Is this a good fit?
- 5+ years of experience
- Workday Financials experience
- Experience using Quickbooks, as well as Excel and Pivot tables.
- V-lookup to compare different sets of data.
- Excel High Proficiency.
- Worked at a non-profit experience is highly preferred.
** Due to COVID-19, this position is work from home through September. Once the Durham, NC campus restrictions begin easing in October, the client will continue to encourage contractors to take a virtual-first approach to their work when possible. As long as job responsibilities are not impacted, being in the office full-time will not be necessary or expected. During the interview process, our client will walk through our virtual-first approach and will answer questions you may have.
If you live out of the state of NC, only candidates from the following states are eligible to convert to FTE: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and South Carolina.