Location: Carrollton, TX
Term: 6 Months
Will start remote, but must be local to come onsite when the offices open back up later this year.
- Responsible for the preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and maintenance of general ledger accounts, preparation of specified accounting records for month end closing, and analysis.
- Analyzes monthly financial reports, journal entry preparation and postings to the general ledger for various accounts.
- Responsible for general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation and month end closing.
- Acts as liaison by coordinating accounting matters between regional accounting, divisional associates and other department managers.
- Assists in the preparation of various financial reports such as Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable reconciliation, sub-ledgers and balance sheet accounts, expense analysis, daily/monthly cash balance reporting, monthly bank reconciliation and depreciation records.
- Records transactions to journals and general ledger.
- May review customer contracts and billings.
- Prepares trend analysis and other special analysis as required.
- Generates ad hoc accounting reports as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Working knowledge of accounting and planning software packages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with month-end close
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with large ERP system (ex. SAP, Oracle, Sage, etc).
- SAP experience would be a plus.
- Also, attention to detail and organizational skills are some soft skills we are looking for.