Job Title: 5G Interoperability Developmental Test Engineer
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Start Date: 9/21/2020
Term: 24+ months
Job Description: The 5G IODT Engineer performs 5G wireless interoperability and feature testing from mobile handset to radio access network (RAN). The 5G IODT Engineer has a strong working knowledge of 3GPP specifications, and designs test plans to verify functionalities and integration testing of Nokia 5G RAN with handset devices and chipsets from key eco-system partners. Also ensures Nokia 5G RAN interoperability with 4G devices and 4G RAN. The engineer leads and executes technical activities and projects, writes requirements, specifications, test plans, reports, and other guiding documentation in 5G and 5G-4G interworking areas.
- Perform interoperability testing with OEM/chipset vendors in the Nokia lab and if needed in customer lab.
- Test case planning, execution and reporting. Review and analysis of feature specifications, creation, updating and reviewing of test documents.
- Fault investigation/reporting, including cooperation with other teams.
- Analyze logs and troubleshoot problems from the field and customer lab.
- Provide remote and/or on-site support to Nokia Test Teams on site and/or in customers lab.
- Lab maintenance including evaluating test tools and test equipment needed prior to each release, upgrading network elements, and building/expanding of workstations and 5G gNB/4G eNBs as needed.
- Familiarization with the tools, processes and methods linked to the job (i.e., QXDM, Wireshark (5G and 4G), EMIL, SYSLogs, Sherpa, etc)
- Provide technical support/training to team members on new features/test equipment as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in LTE radio protocol interface testing, E2E system testing and trouble shooting
- 1-2 years of experience in 5G NR radio protocol testing
- Excellent understanding of LTE/5G RRM concepts, PHY, MAC and RRC Procedure
- Excellent understanding of 3GPP radio interface specifications (L1/ L2 and RRC) to support interoperability testing
- Support in feature review, test case design and preparation and test analysis
- Experience with test tools such as protocol analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, wireshark, UE logs analysis tools such as QXDM and QCAT.
- Familiarization with the tools, processes and methods linked to the job (QXDM, Wireshark (5G and 4G), EMIL, SYSLogs, Sherpa etc)
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
Education: Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, Math